Tue, May 16|
Assertive Speaking Skills for Professionals - How to ask for what you want and get it!
Learn how to be more assertive, so you can stand up for yourself and become a strong and confident communicator. Learn how to ask for information without seeming combative and identify and present your options or opinions without arguing positions.
Time & Location
May 16, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PDT
About the event
Do you often feel you fail to get your opinions heard or that people readily dismiss or undermine your views?
Do you typically consider others’ feelings, having made too many compromises in the past that have left you feeling unfulfilled and empty?
Do you dread asking for what you want in negotiations?
Do you feel underappreciated, discouraged, and powerless at work?
Being assertive isn't synonymous with being aggressive or unfriendly. It is the ability to express yourself confidently, firmly, fairly, and empathetically.
If assertiveness has never been your strong suit — or if you sometimes wonder if you're being too rigid, soft, or flexible — you'll welcome the training this webinar provides.
Assertive communication is valuable for emerging leaders, new managers, and people who are more introverted in social situations.
When you can communicate assertively, you can say “no” without feeling guilty, set boundaries to protect your time, priorities, and goals, articulate requests clearly and confidently, and deal with awkward situations easily.
This webinar will show you how to be more assertive, so you can stand up for yourself and become a strong and confident communicator. You will learn how to ask for information without seeming combative and identify and present your options or opinions without arguing positions.
Who should attend?
- New managers need to be more assertive with their teams.
- Emerging leaders who want to communicate more clearly and confidently.
- Passive communicators who want to speak more directly and honestly.
- People who are fearful of saying "no" and setting boundaries.
- People who are tired of being invisible or constantly interrupted in group situations.
- People who fear speaking up assertively need to overcome their fears.
- People starting a new job or team wants to establish assertive boundaries.
- People who have difficulty protecting their time, priorities, and goals.
Why should you attend?
If you have trouble in the workplace with speaking and asserting yourself with self-confidence and professionalism, attend this webinar to learn how to:
- Express yourself more clearly – even in stressful situations.
- Gain increased respect from others.
- Engage and persuade others to action.
- Improve communication with others.
- Develop healthier relationships in all areas of your life.