Tue, Oct 25|
How to Speak Effectively in a Diverse Workplace
This webinar will show you how you can communicate effectively with your employees and other business affiliates including customers, clients, investors, and associates. You will explore how you can stimulate effective communication with others. You will receive practical and actionable tools you c
Time & Location
Oct 25, 2022, 10:00 AM PDT – Oct 26, 2022, 11:00 AM PDT
About the event
Globalization and technology have created an increasingly diverse workplace. As the world population grows and our connectivity increases, working alongside colleagues from different generations, life experiences, cultures, genders, orientations, and religions is common. The increased diversity coupled with the shift toward remote and hybrid work environments means developing appropriate communication strategies and practices is more critical than ever. Workers must be able to communicate in a way that ensures comprehension and inclusion with audiences from a variety of cultures. However, the methods to navigate and influence these conversations are not always intuitive.
This webinar will teach you to identify and adapt your communication style to increase team productivity and build bridges with colleagues from all backgrounds.
A multilingual workforce presents unique challenges. With multilingual teams, miscommunication can happen frequently, and employees may have preconceived ideas about co-workers from different countries and cultures. Unclear or inadequate communication can also lead to dangerous situations, where employees have, for instance, difficulties understanding security protocols.
This webinar will show you how you can communicate effectively with your employees and other business affiliates including customers, clients, investors, and associates.
You will explore how you can stimulate effective communication with others. You will receive practical and actionable tools you can use immediately, so your message is understood, well received, and acted on.
You will learn:
- How to speak more smoothly so that you and those you are speaking feel relaxed, tuned in, and focused.
- How to speak more clearly so that your listeners can understand exactly what you're saying and what you mean.
- How to speak more confidently so that your listeners like and trust you and therefore believe what you are saying.
- How to effectively engage a diverse audience:
- Effective techniques for communicating with a diverse workforce
- How to make conscious decisions about how you use language in interpersonal interactions and how to communicate more effectively through various strategies.
- Connecting with your audience and getting them engaged and inspired with your message.
- How to ensure your audience understands your message.
- Appropriately use body language that enhances and helps clarify your message without being misunderstood.
- The most common causes of insensitivity.
- Common words, phrases, and situations that may appear disrespectful to others.