Tue, Jul 25|
How to Speak Effectively in a Diverse Workplace
This practical webinar is designed to give you the tools, tips, and strategies to improve your communication and relationships at work and in business. You will learn methods to effectively speak to diverse audiences.
Time & Location
Jul 25, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PDT
About the event
Do business messages sometimes seem clear as mud?
Do you get frustrated with seemingly unnecessary miscommunication in the workplace resulting in costly and time-consuming due diligence and resolution that sometimes ends poorly?
Would you like to speak more smoothly so that you and those you are speaking feel relaxed, tuned in, and focused?
Would you like to speak more clearly so your listeners can understand exactly what you're saying and what you mean?
Do people sometimes have trouble understanding you because English is your second language?
Globalization and technology have created an increasingly diverse workplace. As the world population grows and our connectivity increases, working alongside colleagues from different generations, life experiences, cultures, genders, orientations, and religions is common. The increased diversity coupled with the shift toward remote and hybrid work environments means developing appropriate communication strategies and practices is more critical than ever.
Workers must be able to communicate in a way that ensures comprehension and inclusion with audiences from various cultures. However, the methods to navigate and influence these conversations are not always intuitive.
This webinar will teach you to identify and adapt your communication style to increase team productivity and build bridges with colleagues from all backgrounds.
A multilingual workforce presents unique challenges. With multilingual teams, miscommunication can happen frequently, and employees may have preconceived ideas about co-workers from different countries and cultures. Unclear or inadequate communication can also lead to dangerous situations where employees have, for instance, difficulties understanding security protocols.
This webinar will show you how to communicate effectively with your employees and other business affiliates, including customers, clients, investors, and associates.
You will explore how you can stimulate effective communication with others. You will receive practical and actionable tools you can use immediately so your message is understood, well received, and acted on.
Why you should Attend
In today's collaborative and diverse world, when speaking is done well, business gets done well. Whether presenting proposals, leading meetings, conducting interviews, facilitating training, or pitching to investors or potential customers and clients, a well-targeted, structured, and delivered message is vital to get the results intended.
Not being able to speak well can limit your career and business.
This practical webinar will give you the tools, tips, and strategies to improve your communication and relationships at work and in business.
You will learn methods to speak to diverse audiences effectively.
Areas Covered in the Session
- How to speak more smoothly so that both you and those to whom you are speaking feel relaxed, tuned in, and focused
- How to speak more clearly so that your listeners can understand exactly what you're saying and what you mean
- How to speak more confidently so that your listeners like and trust you and therefore believe what you are saying
- How to effectively engage a diverse audience:
- Effective techniques for communicating with a diverse workforce
- How to make conscious decisions about the way you use language in interpersonal interactions and how to communicate
- more effectively through a range of strategies
- How to connect with your audience and get them engaged and inspired by your message
- How to ensure your audience understands your message
- How to appropriately use body language that enhances and helps clarify your message without being misunderstood
- the most common causes of insensitivity
- Common words, phrases, and situations that may appear disrespectful to others
Who Will Benefit
- You want to improve your speaking skills when communicating in a diverse workplace.
BONUS: Receive a complimentary publication, "EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION WITH A DIVERSE WORKFORCE," A quick guide to communicating effectively with a diverse workforce.