Tue, Mar 07|
Nailing Impromptu Speeches: The Secret to Speaking Easily and Brilliantly on the Spot
Tactics To Structure Your Thoughts and Your Speech Easily and Quickly Under Pressure!
Time & Location
Mar 07, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PST
About the event
What you'll learn
You are often unexpectedly called on to make brief remarks about a specific topic in business, education, or social and other public events. The ability to speak well on short notice is a useful skill.
Most of the speaking we do is unscripted, immediate, and candid:
- Your boss turns to you in a heated meeting and asks your opinion or for a spur-of-the-moment update on a project.
- You get called into a meeting of managers, and they want an update from you about an issue.
- You are asked to fill in for a late speaker.
- You are asked, without warning to say a few words at a colleague’s retirement party or a friend’s wedding.
Impromptu speaking challenges a speaker to develop an organized speech in a limited time. However, the thought of public speaking intimidates many people.This fear is often diminished when there is time to prepare and practice before getting up in front of an audience. What happens, though, when there is no time to prepare and you are asked to speak without notice? This can make the most confident presenters very nervous.
In this webinar, you will learn tactics for thinking under pressure and strategies to speak at any event and setting brilliantly and confidently within minutes.
You will learn how to:
- Develop confidence by learning to formulate your thoughts quickly for public speaking.
- Deliver an impactful, structured speech on the spot.
- Structure your thoughts and your speech easily and quickly.
- Anticipate situations during which you may be asked to speak.
- Utilize tactics for thinking quickly in a public speaking situation.
- Prepare a speech with short notice using an impromptu speech template.
- Develop impromptu speaking skills so you are ready to speak on the spot easily and comfortably at any event and circumstance.