Fri, Apr 28|
Overcome Your Fear of Public Speaking and Advance Your Career
If you get nervous about giving presentations or leading meetings at work, this webinar will help you speak up powerfully when it matters most. If your public speaking skills are holding you back in your career, this webinar will give you the tools you need to speak like a professional.
Time & Location
Apr 28, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PDT
About the event
Public speaking in the workplace is a common requirement for managers and leaders. However, employees can also find themselves asked to:
- Present at meetings
- Facilitate groups or training
- Deliver sales pitches
- Facilitate training
Presenting is a great opportunity for employees to demonstrate their expertise and value, making developing your presentation skills a key to your career. Whether your goal is to inform, persuade, entertain, or train, there are core communication strategies and presentation techniques that will ensure you give a professional presentation that engages your audience and achieves your desired outcomes.
No matter what industry you’re in, you need to speak clearly and confidently to move your team and your career forward. Regardless of the setting and purpose, whether you are addressing 1, 5, or 1,000 people, taking action to rectify your fear of public speaking is necessary to become a more confident public speaker. Imagine stepping in front of an audience, with all eyes looking at you, with confidence, excited to “take the stage” and share your message. If you are ready to overcome your fears and improve your public speaking performance, then this webinar is for you!
This webinar will show you how to manage and prevent fear of public speaking by giving you effective techniques. You will learn how to harness your nervous energy, engage with your audience, and use your body language to feel more confident in front of an audience.
Why you should Attend
- Do you dread leading meetings or speaking to groups?
- Do you lose sleep over presentations?
- Do you avoid positions that require public speaking?
- Have you ever felt weak in the knees and sick to your stomach when speaking in front of an audience?
- Do you simply feel that you could be better and do more?
A strong presentation can generate interest and boost your career and business, whether you are presenting to your superiors, board members, investors, customers and clients, colleagues, employees, potential employers, or conference attendees. But how do you pull off a great presentation…every time?
The idea of being embarrassed and worried about failure can send many of us into lockup mode when addressing an audience. Doubt and fears are fueled by varying situations affecting confidence. However, the good news is that fear, when addressed, can be BENEFICIAL and managed and prevented.
This webinar will help you learn ways to embrace fear and use it to improve your confidence and skills. You will get specific tips on preventing nerves and what to do if those nerves still crop up when speaking - so you can deliver your message and presentation effectively and confidently.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Describe and understand the fear
- Prevent and manage nervousness both before and during the event
- Enhance your presentation with body language, non-verbal communication, and voice tonality and projection
- How to relax through preparation and organization techniques
- Strategies to engage your audience
- How to stay on track and avoid rambling
- Develop rapport and connect to your audience
- How to appear and sound confident even when you are nervous
- How to respond to difficult questions with relaxed ease
- How to present confidently in any situation and setting, online and face-to-face
Who Will Benefit
- You want to improve your public speaking skills
- You want to develop professional presentation skills
- You want to know the key elements that make a speech great
- You regularly make presentations and want to do them better and easier, with improved results
BONUS: Receive a complimentary publication, "PUBLIC SPEAKING ASSESSMENT GUIDE." A quick guide to understanding and improving your public speaking skills.