Thu, May 11|
Public Speaking at Work - How to Communicate with Confidence
If you get nervous about giving presentations or leading meetings at work, this webinar will help you speak up powerfully when it matters most. If your public speaking skills are holding you back in your career, this webinar will give you the tools you need to speak like a professional.
Time & Location
May 11, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PDT
About the event
No matter what industry you’re in, you need to speak clearly and confidently to move your team and your career forward. Regardless of the setting and purpose, whether you are addressing 1, 5, or 1,000 people, taking action to rectify your fear of public speaking is necessary to become a more confident public speaker. Imagine stepping in front of an audience, with all eyes looking at you, with confidence, excited to “take the stage” and share your message. If you are ready to overcome your fears and improve your public speaking performance, then this webinar is for you!
This webinar will show you how to manage and prevent fear of public speaking by giving you effective techniques. You will learn how to harness your nervous energy, engage with your audience, and use your body language to feel more confident in front of an audience.
Why you should Attend
- Do you dread leading meetings or speaking to groups?
- Do you lose sleep over presentations?
- Do you avoid positions that require public speaking?
- Have you ever felt weak in the knees and sick to your stomach when speaking in front of an audience?
- Do you just simply have that feeling you could be better and do more?
The idea of being embarrassed and worried about failure can send many of us into lockup mode when addressing an audience. Doubt and fears are fueled by varying situations affecting confidence. However, the good news is that fear, when addressed, can be BENEFICIAL and managed and prevented. This webinar will help you learn ways to embrace fear and use it to improve your confidence and skills. You will get specific tips on preventing nerves and what to do if those nerves still crop up when speaking - so you can deliver your message and presentation effectively and confidently.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Describe and understand the fear
- Prevent and manage nervousness both before and during the event
- Enhance your presentation with body language, non-verbal communication, and voice tonality and projection
- How to relax through preparation and organization techniques
- Strategies to engage your audience
- How to stay on track and avoid rambling
- Develop rapport and connect with your audience
- How to appear and sound confident even when you are nervous
- How to respond to difficult questions with relaxed ease
- How to present confidently in any situation and setting, online and face-to-face
Who Will Benefit
- A professional who wants to communicate with confidence
- An Introvert who needs help to speak up at meetings
- Anyone afraid of public speaking and believe your fear is holding you back from your goals.
BONUS: Receive a complimentary publication, "PUBLIC SPEAKING ASSESSMENT GUIDE." A quick guide to understanding and improving your public speaking skills.